Last up dated on August 28, 2018
Rational Communication Educational Society Limited (“RCES”) pledges to meet fully with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong. In doing so, the RCES will ensure compliance by its officers and staff to the strictest standards of security and confidentiality in respect of all personal information and data submitted by users via http://rces.hk and its sub-domains (collectively, “Websites”) and the RCES will not, subject to the terms herein, release such information to anyone without the prior consent of the relevant user(s) of the Websites (whether registered or not) (“Users(s)”) except to the authorized persons listed under the section headed “Disclosure or Transfer of Data”.
Purpose of Collection of Personal Data
In the course of using the Websites, Users may disclose or be asked to provide personal information and/or data. In order to have the benefit of and enjoy various services offered by the Websites, it may be necessary for Users to provide the RCES with their personal information and/or data. Although Users are not obliged to provide the information and/or data as requested on the Websites, the RCES will not be able to render certain services on the Websites in the event that Users fail to do so.
The RCES’s purposes for collection of the information and data on the Websites include but not limited to the following:
- (a) for the daily operation of the services provided to Users;
- (b) to assist Users applying for job vacancy of the contest;
- (c) to provide Users with various services offered by the Websites and promotional and marketing materials;
- (d) to handle and follow up enquiries, requests and complaints from Users;
- (e) to contact Users regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to his/her use of the Websites and to respond to Users’ inquiry or request;
- (f) to assist the RCES with developments for future marketing and promoting purposes or other internal purposes;
- (g) to allow Users to enjoy their benefits as members of the Websites by enrolling for special events and promotions hosted by the RCES and or its affiliates and or partner RCES;
- (h) to identify Users who have enjoyed their benefits as members of the Websites by receiving and using marketing promotional materials;
- (i) to facilitate the RCES and/or its affiliates to use the Users’ personal data for the purposes relating to the provision of services offered by the RCES and marketing services and/or special event of the RCES and/or its affiliates; and
- (j) to obtain statistics about Users to analyze usage of the Websites in order to help its further development for internal use;
- (k) academic research;
- (l) for purposes other than the above mentioned which are related to the RCES’s and/or its affiliates’ provision of their product and/or services as the RCES may deem fit.
If a User is under the age of 18, the RCES would strongly recommend him/her to seek prior consent from a person with parental responsibility for him/her, e.g. parent or guardian, who may contact the responsible Project Officer whose contact details are set out under the section, headed “Enquiries” for registering the User as member of the Websites.
The RCES strives to only collect personal data which are necessary and adequate but not excessive in relation to the purposes set out herein above.
If the RCES requires the use of your personal data for a purpose other than those set out herein above, we may request your prescribed consent to the same. If you are a minor, the prescribed consent should be given by your parent or guardian.
Collection of Personal Data
The RCES may collect personal information and/or data about a User such as his/her name, log-in ID and password, address, class, class number, email address, phone number, age, gender, date of birth, nationality, education level and work experience that is/are not otherwise publicly available. Occasionally, the RCES may also collect additional personal information and/or data from a User in connection with contests, surveys, or special offers.
Only duly authorized staff of the RCES will be permitted to access Users’ personal information and data, and the RCES shall not release such personal information and data to any third parties save and except for the circumstances listed out under the section headed “Disclosure or Transfer of Data”.
Disclosure or Transfer of Data
The RCES agrees to take all practicable steps to keep all personal information and data of Users confidential and/or undisclosed, subject to the following.
Generally speaking, the RCES will only disclose and/or transfer Users’ personal information and/or data to the RCES’s personnel and staff for the purpose of providing services to Users and organization of the RCES who have made specific requests for such information and/or data with Users’ prior consent. However, the RCES may disclose and/or transfer such information and/or data to third parties under the following circumstances:
- (a) where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any third party suppliers or external service providers who have been duly authorized by the RCES to use such information and/or data and who will facilitate the services on the Websites, under a duty of confidentiality;
- (b) where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any agents, affiliates or associates of the RCES who have been duly authorized by the RCES to use such information and/or data;
- (c) where permitted under the “Terms and Conditions”;
- (d) where the RCES needs to protect and defend its rights and property;
- (e) where the RCES considers necessary to do so in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation compliance with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Websites;
- (f) where the RCES deems necessary in order to deliver the products and services that we offer and cultivate a positive user experience; and
- (g) where the RCES deems necessary in order to maintain and improve the services on the Websites.
Personal data collected via the Websites may be transferred, stored and processed in any country in which the RCES or its affiliates operate. By using the Websites, Users are deemed to have agreed to, consented to and authorized the RCES to disclose and/or transfer their personal information and data under the circumstances stated above, as well as to any transfer of information (including the Information) outside of the Users’ country.
Access to or request for correction of data
Any User is entitled to request access to or make amendments to his/her own personal information and data kept with the RCES by contacting Project Officer of the RCES at whose contact details are set out under the section headed “Enquiries”. Subject to the paragraph below, the RCES may alternatively edit, amend or delete his/her personal information and data at any time by logging into the Websites.
In the event that a User wishes to access or amend his/her personal information and data, the RCES may request him/her to provide personal details in order to verify and confirm his/her identity.
The RCES will not retain your personal data if Users request the RCES to cease his/her membership with the RCES. We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the data was collected as set out under the section headed “Purpose of Collection of Personal Data”.
Please note that if you do make a data access request and if we deem the same as appropriate, only a copy of your personal data would be provided.
Cookies and Log Files
The RCES does not collect any personally identifiable information from any Users whilst they visit and browse the Websites. When Users access the Websites, the RCES records their visits only and do not collect their personal information or data. If cookies are deployed for collecting personally identifiable information in the future, we will make separate notices accordingly.
The Websites’ server software will also record the domain name, server, address and track the pages Users visit and store such information in “cookies”, and gather and store information like internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data in log files.
Links to Other Websites
The Websites may provide links to other websites which are not owned or controlled by the RCES. Personal information and data from Users may be collected on these other websites when Users visit such websites and make use of the services provided therein. Where and when Users decide to click on any advertisement or hyperlink on the Websites which grants Users access to another website, the protection of Users’ personal information and data which are deemed to be private and confidential may be exposed in these other websites.
The RCES posts Users’ testimonials on the Websites, which may contain personally identifiable information such as the Users’ names. The RCES does obtain the Users’ consent prior to posting the testimonials to post their names along with their testimonials.
The security of Users’ personal information and data is important to the RCES. The RCES will always strive to ensure that Users’ personal information and data will be protected against unauthorized access. The RCES has implemented appropriate electronic and managerial measures in order to safeguard, protect and secure Users’ personal information and data.
The RCES uses a third party service provider to facilitate the electronic assessment system on the Websites.
The RCES follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information and data submitted by Users to the Websites, both during transmission and once the RCES receives it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while the RCES strives to protect Users’ personal information and data against unauthorized access, the RCES cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You acknowledge and agree that the RCES shall not be responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages howsoever arising out of the use of this website. The RCES does not guarantee that any messages sent over the Internet will be completely secure. The RCES does not accept any responsibility for any damages incurred by you if you send a message to us, or if the RCES sends a message to you at your request, over the Internet. Communications over the Internet may be subject to interruption, delayed transmission due to Internet traffic or incorrect data transmission due to the public nature of the Internet or otherwise.
Retention of Personal Data
Once the RCES has obtained a User’s personal information and/or data, it will be maintained securely in the RCES’s system. Subject to legal requirements, the personal information and/or data of Users will be retained by the RCES after deactivation of the relevant service until Users request the RCES to erase his/her own personal information and/or data from the RCES’s database or to terminate his/her membership of the Websites.
Should you have any enquiries, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone at +852 3521-0540 or write to us at the following address:
Rational Communication Educational Society
P.O. Box.548, Tai Po Post Office